So we only have 1 pet here in the Curtis household. A creepy bearded dragon named Rex. And let me start off by saying, he was definitely NOT my idea. I have always wanted a pet. But I think it was more of the idea of a pet. I am pretty lazy and always knew that having a pet would mean more work on my part.. and let’s be honest here– I don’t want any extra work.
I really just think Rex hates the cold. He hates the fact that I keep breaking his damn UV light and that because of that he has trouble digesting his food sometimes. He hates the fact that the ones who REALLY should be taking care of him are too busy hanging out, playing video games, making a mess, not cleaning their rooms, or brushing their teeth.
Oh– and don’t mind the red picture– seeing as how I broke his last light, He has his nocturnal light on ALL the time!!
On that note… is any one looking for a gross dragon lizard looking thing for their home??
Day 2– 20 FACTS ABOUT ME———>
Hmmmm, anyone reading this will probably already know these facts about me, but here it goes.
- I was born in Anchorage, Alaska — no I am not an Eskimo, no I did not live in an Igloo, yes I am a US Citizen and I do not need a green card (I say all of this because these are all questions that have been asked of me when people find out where I was born)
- I was in the Army
- Even though I tend to be quite outgoing, I have an extreme fear of crowds
- I think I have misophonia – strong dislike/hatred of certain sounds. Listening to certain people eat or people eat certain things truly makes me ANGRY!
- I rock myself to sleep — not as much as I used to, but I used to rock anytime I was sitting or getting ready for bed
- I have been a vegetarian since July 2014 – not because of some monumental reason – I honestly woke up one day and said that I wanted to change one thing about my life, and that was what I chose
- I lived in Keflavik, Iceland – yes, it was cold
- I lived in 8 places before I turned 13 years old – I was Air Force brat 🙂
- I gave birth to all 3 of my kids without any pain medication or an epidural
- I still have a baby tooth in my mouth that never fell out
- I have a severe fear of vomit — it’s actually called emetophobia
- I still haven’t graduated from college– BUT it’s on my bucket list to get my Bachelor’s — even though I would really like my Master’s
- I have been the victim of Domestic Violence- I was scared and didn’t tell many people… but have also comes to terms with my experiences and have learned the power of Forgiveness
- I have a very addictive personality, which is why I don’t like to drink and never got into smoking
- I am obsessed with inspirational quotations – have them written down EVERYWHERE and sometimes speak only using them
- Even though I like inspirational quotes, I suffer from depression and bipolar disorder
- I have an extreme sweet tooth
- I wanted to be an English teacher up until I was in the 10th grade.. at that time, my interests started leaning towards Criminal Psychology- and that is my true interest now
- I love doing Yoga, but haven’t done it in a while and am really hoping to get back in to it
- I have 7 tattoos.. the most recent being a total of actually 8 tattoos(lotus flower with the 7 chakras written in Sanskrit down my spine)– but I count it as one since it all goes together. Yup– I still want more
Alrighty!! Hopefully you still think that I am worthy of being your friend after reading about the weirdness that is me. But chances are- none of these things were a secret and you already knew them!! 🙂
WELCOME to my new blog. I have decided to start my “MakeUp of Michelle” blog over, so please pardon the “bland” appearance. I am working to have my own domain and my own actual website, so until then, I will now be using Word press. In order to get back in the routine of blogging regularly, I decided to start this 31 day blog challenge. That means 1 post every day for 31 days— I mean, they say that it takes 21 days to build a habit, right??
And yes, in typical Michelle fashion, this post is up late which mean that there will actually be 2 posts going up today.
I am still going to be working on my “mommy” blog– A Constant Work In Progress at http://www.michellesdailydealings.blogspot.com Those posts will likely be weekly posts and will be up on Saturdays or Sundays beginning this weekend. Those posts will consist of all family related and kid updates. This blog will still be about the rest of who I am. The avid reader, the planner enthusiast, the makeup lover, the YouTube watcher, the wanna be runner, the self help obsessed….
Let’s just jump right in.
Today is Day 1 — Introduction and recent pic.
You just read your introduction, so here is your recent pic, taken on November 26, 2015- Thanksgiving Day and my 33rd Birthday!!!